Commercially viable continuity
Research has clearly shown that part-time working is a key demographic trend, which spans generational and demographic employee populations.
Being able to offer a part-time role is becoming critical to attract and retain high performing talent. However, for today’s global corporations - operating rapidly across boundaries - it can seem impossible to agree realistic part-time working options that are also commercially viable. Job sharing is proving itself a worthy alternative to part-time options in today’s global marketplace. It enables the desired part-time roles while providing vital round-the-clock cover and business continuity.
The advantages extend to senior business-critical roles too, as extolled by Sara Hill, founder of The Job Share Project. This not-for-profit online portal raises awareness to educate and encourage the adoption of job sharing as a commercially viable part-time solution for senior roles.
Expert job share services
We are the first talent acquisition and management organisation with both in-depth expertise and a global focus on job sharing. As such we can help our clients to operationalise job sharing - within their business-as-usual talent and resourcing functions, and to enable the attraction, retention, and progression of talent.
Successful and sustainable job sharing requires fit-for-purpose policies, practices, guidelines, education, infrastructure and resource to manage the end-to-end process. Our clients are at different stages in their job share journey. Some already have good job sharing practice and simply need support to get more traction or move their practice to a senior level. Other clients have no job share experience yet and require support to engage leaders, set up the infrastructure and map the on-going process.
Our job share support
- Expert resource to operationalise the job share strategy to drive and deliver the change required
- Business case development and board engagement
- Current state diagnostic and implementation planning
- Policies, contracts, toolkits and guidelines
- Branding and attraction strategies and implementation
- Individual job share design, set up and implementation
- Training and capability development (managers, employees and HR)
- Online job share register
- External and internal resourcing management
Ask our contact for more information on operationalising job sharing in your organisation.